BioMed X launches new conference format XSEED CON 2018 – Towards Next Generation Bioscience
Heidelberg, Germany, December 6th, 2017 – BioMed X announced today the launch of a new conference format XSEED CON 2018 – Towards Next Generation Bioscience. For the first time in the successful history of the BioMed X Innovation Center in Heidelberg, its new model based on global crowdsourcing and local incubation of the brightest ideas and talents will now be exposed to a wider audience. XSEED CON is a 2-day event offering cross-pollination between researchers from distinct disciplines, such as nanotechnology, bioinformatics, genetics, biophysics, and cell biology, and explore novel approaches to combat the world’s major unmet medical needs. Individual conference sessions will focus on “Cells”, “Molecules”, “Systems” and “Light” to trigger cross-pollination of scientific visions of leading scientists from academia and industry, resulting in unexpected ideas to break current boundaries in biomedical research.
- William Shih, Harvard Medical School, USA: Lego-Style Construction of Future Therapeutics From DNA.
- Elena Cattaneo, University of Milan, Italy: Huntington’s Disease Research: Combining Genetics with Cell Biology and Evolution
- Michael Hayden, TEVA, Israel; Innovation and Creativity in Drug Development
- John Overington, Medicines Discovery Catapult, UK: Is Public Data Reliable Enough for Systems Medicine
- CRISPR Single-cell Sequencing
- Decoding Immune Responses Using Intravital Imaging
- Animal Photoreception: New Concepts and Applications
- Advancing the Field of Mutational Signatures
- Next-Generation Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors
- Passive Noise Filtering by Cellular Compartmentalization
- Personalizing Treatments Using Microbiome
- Optoplasmonic Sensing of Protein Dynamics
Scientific poster sessions will foster the cross-fertilization of different disciplines. The most outstanding ideas on how to tackle current hurdles for development of new therapeutic concepts or applications in consumer care, diagnostics and medical devices will be featured during the conference.
The conference also includes a networking dinner at the banks of the river Neckar with a spectacular view over the castle and the old city of Heidelberg.
Save the date for XSEED CON 2018 in Heidelberg, Germany, on May 3rd and 4th, 2018. Early bird deadline ends on February 15th, 2018.
For more information and registration please consult the website: http://xseed-conference.com/
About BioMed X Innovation Center
The BioMed X Innovation Center is an exciting new collaboration model at the interface between academia and industry. At the center, distinguished early career scientists recruited from all over the world jointly work on novel pre-clinical research projects in the fields of biomedicine, molecular biology, cell biology, diagnostics and consumer care. These interdisciplinary project teams conduct groundbreaking biomedical research in an open innovation lab facility at the Technology Park on the campus of the University of Heidelberg, Germany. They are working under the guidance of experienced mentors from academia and industry while expanding their scientific network and receiving entrepreneurship and leadership training. Each team is typically sponsored by a corporate pharma partner of BioMed X. After a fully funded project term, successful projects are either internalized into the development pipeline of the respective pharma partner or transformed into an independent start-up company. BioMed X collaborates with pharma companies such as AbbVie, Boehringer Ingelheim, Janssen, Johnson & Johnson, Merck and Roche.