- Diese veranstaltung hat bereits stattgefunden.
EMBO Conference: Advances in Stem Cells and Regenerative Medicine
Mai 23 - Mai 26
- Tissue stem cell specification/regulation and self-renewal
- Stem cell niche, signalling
- Stem cell aging and metabolism
- Single cell analysis of stem cell dynamics
- Principles of development for stem cell engineering
- Stem cell based disease modelling and drug discovery
- Re-evaluating strategies for transplantation
Regenerative medicine is based on the ability of stem cells to repair tissue damage. The regenerative capacity of endogenous stem cells decreases with age, is impaired in degenerative diseases, and deregulated in cancer. Our ability to maintain and restore normal tissue function therefore requires that we understand not only the identity, properties and function of normal stem cells, but also the processes that alter their function during ageing, and in disease states.
The aim of this conference is to provide a comprehensive overview of various aspects of stem cell biology. The cellular and molecular properties of normal tissue stem cells will be discussed, as will the properties of the niches that maintain them. We will address alterations to stem cell function during ageing and in the context, and how stem cells can be used for regenerative purposes and for disease modelling. On this occasion a particular focus will be on ageing/metabolism and the link between these topics and tissue homeostasis/regeneration. These are emerging areas in the stem cell field, with considerable potential and huge societal relevance. Finally, the meeting will also focus on the emerging and state-of-the-art single cell transcriptome techniques that are uncovering novel insights into stem cell populations.